How to Support Ruff Start STX in Your Future Plans
Make Ruff Start Rescue STX the beneficiary of
- Remainder of Your Pet’s Care Fund: If you decide to set up a pet trust, consider making Ruff Start STX the beneficiary of any remaining funds when your pet dies.
- Qualified retirement plans, such as IRAs or 401k accounts: As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Ruff Start STX would not pay taxes on a donation of your traditional IRA, whereas an individual would pay taxes on your gift. You can make us a beneficiary by simply completing a beneficiary form with your financial institution without making any changes to your will.
- Life Insurance: List us as a beneficiary of your life insurance plan; you can contact your insurance company to complete this process without making any changes to your will.
- Property: List Ruff Start STX on the title of your home/property as a transfer on death deed. If you have other types of assets, such as stocks, that you would like to donate to us, please call to discuss how we might be able to use or sell this property.
- Bequest in Will: List Ruff Start Stx Inc in your will or living trust – a “planned gift”. Contact an estate planner for more details.
- Sample language: “I hereby give, devise, and bequest to the Ruff Start Stx Inc, TAX ID#66-0942064, a nonprofit organization now, or formerly, located at 413 Hospital Street, Frederiksted, VI 00840, the sum of $_____* (or % of) to be used for its general purposes.”
To share your planned giving arrangements with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org